Friday, September 13, 2013

Reach has a new Program Assistant!

Hi All!

Welcome to Madison- we are very excited to have you here! I hope you're all adjusting well, enjoying your classes and taking advantage of the beautiful, warm weather while it lasts. I'm Allison Blader- I'll be replacing Maggie Streeten at Reach because she has graduated and is leaving for Senegal with the Peace Corps soon!

I'm a senior majoring in International Studies with certificates in Global Health and Gender &Women's studies. Before working for Reach, I had my time as an international student. I spent a semester in Israel at the University of Haifa where I studied Peace & Conflict studies, attempted to speak Hebrew, and ate my weight in hummus.
                                                                             Representing UW-Madison in Haifa!

  I also spent a semester in Sri Lanka where I did a research project on women's health, explored, and ate my weight in curry.

Being an ambassador and teaching my host siblings how to dance Backstreet Boy style    

I'm thrilled to be starting at Reach and I have tons of fun, new ideas for us! I can't wait to meet and work with all of you. I'm sure you are all drowning in homework already but feel free to stop by and say hi at the ISS office.

For those who don't know and to remind those who do:
Make sure to check out our Facebook page
We're also on Twitter
And we have a website !

Feel free to email me at reach@studentlife.wisc.edu with any questions or if you (or a friend) is interested in joining Reach! Also, don't forget to come to our orientation session on Tuesday, Septemper 17th at 5pm in Mezzanine C  above the ISS offices.

Can't wait to meet all of you!

Best,

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment